By: George Taliaferro
Even the most seasoned Road Trip Warrior suffers the hunger pangs of long distance driving. But if you’re tired of feeling gross after eating a burger bigger than your head, it’s time to start snacking healthily! We’ve listed some great, healthy snacks to bring with you on your next trip.
1. Apples: a great source of fiber
2. Raisins: low in sodium and fat free
3. Dried Mangos: high in vitamin A and C!
4. Blueberries: high in antioxidants
5. Granola: Bake your own for a great source of fiber.
6. Banana Chips: Be careful to find some with no additives to avoid sweeteners and oils!
7. Nuts: At 160 Calories and 6 grams of protein per ounce, unsalted almonds are the healthiest nuts for snacking. Cashews and pistachios are also packed with protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber.
8. Trail Mix: Combine nuts, dried fruits, granola, and other treats for this road trip essential!
9.Edamame Beans: Edamame beans are full of fiber and protein! Add a little sea salt for flavor.
10. Celery and Peanut Butter: Celery gives low-fat or low-sodium peanut butter a nice crunch! When you’re nearing the end of a peanut butter jar, fill it with celery sticks and take it with you on the road.
Find George on Facebook!