“Points of Interest in Dearborn, MI”
The nation's first charter school developed jointly by a global corporation (Ford Motor Company), public education (Wayne RESA) and a world-renowned cultural institution (The Henry Ford).
I was blown away by the Henry Ford. One of the best museums I have been to anywhere. We didn't have nearly enough time here, next time I'd like to take a full day. It could easily be a really FULL day or possibly two. I don't know where to start explaining the awesomeness of this place. Well, here are a few of the amazing things on show:
- A model of the Ford Nucleon - A Ford concept NUCLEAR POWERED CAR!!!
- Buckminster Fuller's prototype Dymaxion house. If you are into mid-century architecture (or anything retro and awesome!) then this is a must visit alone!
- The Rosa Parks Bus!
- Thomas Edison's last breath in a glass test-tube! (Thomas and Henry were bros)
- The Fokker Trimotor airplane that took the first flight over the North Pole
- The Chair Lincoln was shot in!
- The car JFK was shot in!! (not to mention several other amazing presidential cars)
- Greenfield Village, which is a huge outdoor village (that we drove around in a Model T!) full of original (and famous) American buildings from the past three centuries, moved here to create a showcase of American life since the founding.
- The Wright brothers' bicycle shop from
- The Vought-Sikorsky VS-300 - One of the earliest succesful helicopters. Helicopters are so cool!
And loads more besides all that, tons of regular events, an IMAX cinema and so on. MUST VISIT!!
Unbelievable museum, particularly if you're a gearhead. This place will blow your mind, but you have GOT to plan a full day around it.
There's more than just "car stuff" here too, though, like the chair that Lincoln was assassinated in. Actually, if you're into death tourism, this place doesn't disappoint.. they even have the limo that Kennedy was killed in as well.
Great museum and is a must see by everyone! Make sure you wear comfortable shoes!
One of a kind. Very unique and highly underrated.
This place was awesome! All of the different attractions blew me away! Definitely could spend multiple days there!
The Henry Ford is the most amazing museum that I have ever been to! We have year round passes and we never get bored. Check their calendar for lots of special events! You can't go wrong!!!
Great parking. Set aside at least 2 days to see everything. This place is huge! Kinda pricey because everything is a separate ticket; although they do have bundles. Must see...so much history.
Went here about a year ago and it is fantastic. Best museum ever. You gotta go !
Provides a fascinating history of the evolution of planes, trains and automobiles. Seems the exhibits don't change much, but they're super engaging and interesting and the building itself is really cool!
If there's one museum outside of the Smithsonian you should visit, this is it. If you're a car/plane/train person you'll go nuts for hours and hours over all the famous pieces. If you're a history buff you'll also be blown away by things like the limo JFK was assassinated in, the bus Rosa Parks rode, and even the chair Lincoln was sitting in at Ford Theater. This is the Holy Grail of American history museums. Prepare to spend at least one day in the museum and at least half a day at Greenfield Village. Be sure to take a tour of the village in a real Model T.
Be the first to add a review to the Henry Ford Estate.
Henry Ford Estate
- Fri: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thu: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tue: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Mon: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Is there a problem with this listing? Let us know.
Credit Cards Accepted
Own this business?
Claim your business to keep your
listing's information up to date.