South Rims Wine and Beer Garage tasting room and lounge. Northern Arizona's premier wine and beer lounge. Serving gourmet cuisine too.
Great customer service, beer selection and food! The evening we went it wasn't super crowded, we got flights of beer which are all pretty much local breweries I've never tried. The menu was mostly sandwiches, and a few appetizers, but they were amazing. The potato salad was wonderful too. You could come for dinner or just a drink and be right at home!
Great customer service and good appetizers:)
My wife and I had been wanting to check out the South Rims Wine & Beer Garage since we saw it on the Arizona Highways TV show (they have the video up on their website), and last year when we visited, we were too exhausted and never made it down there.
I say 'down there' because if you come in from the west side of Williams, you're going to see all the businesses and eateries on the main drag, and you might miss this place as it's on the far east end of Bill Williams Ave / Route 66. Don't. It's well worth it.
The South Rims Wine & Beer Garage is basically a cool place to hang out, grab a bite, and enjoy some wine or a craft beer. Being a huge craft beer fan, I was really pleased to see that all their offerings were Arizona-based breweries. All three of us got flights (four 4oz. samplings) and had fun sharing and discussing our favorites.
As for food, it's pub-type food, largely burgers, sandwiches, wings & such. I had a Pretzel Burger, which is a soft toasted pretzel bun on a 1/3 lb. burger. I chose to cover mine with pepperjack cheese and bacon and mushrooms. It was really good -- good size, juicyness, flavor -- and the pretzel bun was a nice touch. The potato salad was good too.
- Keep in mind that this more of a tasting room / wine bar / beer lounge than a standard sit-down restaurant. The food offerings (menu available on their website) reflect that. If you want a steak or fish, or some pasta, there's plenty of other places in town.
- There are plenty of different seating options, inside and out. If we had been staying the night in town, I could have easily sat outside next to a fire pit and hung out there all evening. Maybe next time :)
- As I mentioned earlier, the craft beer selection is all Arizona beer. Big bonus points for that.
- If you or someone in your family is a gearhead/vintage car lover, bring a camera. This place used to be a gas and service station, so as soon as you walk in you see a '67 Pontiac GTO sitting on a front-end alignment rack they found under the floor. Definitely a conversation-piece.
Be the first to add a review to the South Rims Wine & Beer Garage.
South Rims Wine & Beer Garage
- Sun - Sat: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Is there a problem with this listing? Let us know.
Own this business?
Claim your business to keep your
listing's information up to date.